Catalog No. 5164
Pottery, relief, 0.5L, pewter lid.
“Gruss aus Wiesbaden”
(Greetings from Wiesbaden)
The central image on this stein depicts the neoclassical Kurhaus (Spa House), completed in 1907, built to take advantage of Wiesbaden’s thermal springs. The building also serves as the city’s social center, and in addition to the spa itself, houses two concert halls, a casino and a variety of event spaces. Side images include the Tempel am Neroberg (Neroberg Temple), a popular gathering place providing spectacular views from a hilltop vantage point some 800 feet above sea level, and the Griechische Kapelle, the Russian Orthodox Church of Saint Elizabeth in Wiesbaden, also located on Neroberg, just a short walk from the Temple.